Tuesday, January 2, 2018

HVAC Blower Hacking


When your Lennox G60UHV HVAC ECM motor (10M07) doesn't want to blow when the furnace fires up - bypass it and force fan mode when heat is triggered.



I never could find a spec sheet that described what modes get what pin voltages.

During Heat operation - I saw the following voltages on pin 2 (0 or 10 vac), pin 13 (0 or 26 vac) and pin 15 (15 vac).

In the first picture above - I jumped 28 vac to pin 15 and pin 1 and 3 to ground.



I never could get the DC only (left side of page) to get the blower rotating - guessing the ECM didn't have power (on pin 12) like it's show on the AC side (right side of page).



The HVAC guys guessed wrong and said it was the control board - so they replaced that after about a week the blower stopped again. So I replaced the ECM part on the motor. I measured similar voltages to the motor as the first controller -   pin 2 (0 or 15 vac), pin 13 (0 or 26 vac) and pin 15 (15 vac). I measured these voltages after it started acting up again... So time will tell if it was the ECM or I need a third controller board...






No comments:

Post a Comment