Thursday, November 17, 2016

Halloween 2016 - Jumping Clowns

So I'm updating my 2015 Jumping Clown - CVS has restocked for the 2016!

So I'v added 2 more to my collection. They are a bit different and with the colors and with audio voice.

Anyways - I wasn't really happy with the setup of last year as I used a string to keep the clown from flying to the moon and after a while the spring would fail - not good.

So I've come up with a modified version that has a stop at the end of the cvpc. 

Here's the first test
 opps - need to glue the pipes.





It might be hard to see but the pipe is a bit too long and extents into the elbow so it can't get the lift that it needs to raise the clowns.



After cutting the pipe down - it's flush with the elbow.



Added painters tape for a tighter fit and grease - also note the hot melt glue used as a plug.



As I'm going to be running 3 clowns - I'm going to use a manifold to supply the air with all the valves in one location and running the hoses to the props.



Building the manifold only required a Lowes and two different Home Depot locations to find 3/4 x 1/4 bushings - it didn't help that I got a few 3/4 x 3/8 bushings the first time.

Here's two of the stands build from scrap wood.


I'm adding two of these cheep harbor freight HORN for when kids/adults get too close.












And Halloween is a go!















No comments:

Post a Comment